CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A humble preface...

What you may be about to read is not much more than a meditative and emotional text from the soul, mind, and body of a young artist. It's purpose is to share moments of enlightenment or deep struggle, questions, or simple reflections on art, recovery from codependence and God. Nothing here is authoritative or even scholarly... but it may be, I hope, thought provoking and helpful to some. Whatever IS not helpful is yours to disregard, as I do often when I encounter concepts that confuse or wound or do not ring true to my experience in this world. I welcome the trade of knowledge and the craft of intelligent discourse -- the cultivation of creativity and the constructive critiques that bring health and growth to ideas and efforts. Welcome.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Christian Meditation

...Comes in four steps.

The first is affecive reading. We purposely pick a verse, section, or chapter, and we read it. The second step is to contemplate what you have read. Think about it seriously. What does it mean? What is it saying? The third step is to pray. Talk to God and ask him to reveal his truth, ask questions, share your interpretation. The last step is to sit quietly with the Lord, to be in his presence.

Ideally, one will meditate three times a day. Once upon waking, once sometime during the day to reconnect with God (say, lunch), and again just before bed. I am going to attempt this... Mid-day and night will be significantly shorter periods of meditation, I'm sure, as my main focus will be to spend the morning reading, thinking, praying, and waiting in the Lord.

I want to try journaling as a type of meditation, perhaps this will come at night just before bed. I also have several little books of passages or proverbs -- daily meditations if you will. I will find time at lunch or thereabouts to sit down, read, pray, and wait.

0 comments: